I love adding touches of dark academia fashion to my wardrobe all year long, but I find that I especially gravitate towards dark academia in the colder months.
If you’re a Harry Potter fan or are interested in Gothic time periods, then you’ll love these outfits. They’re very British, but the great thing about dark academia is that it can show up anywhere!
These dark academia outfit ideas are super easy to put together. You probably have many of these pieces in your closet already!
My must-have pieces for a dark academia wardrobe include:
- A tweed or plaid blazer
- A pair of tailored trousers
- A blouse with a collar
- A simple skirt (usually plaid or black)
- A black turtleneck
- A neutral, wool coat
From there, you can mix and match or add in other pieces as you like.
You’ll want to stick with darker colors, adding in touches of white or tan. Neutrals are best for a dark academia wardrobe.
I also like to add small, gold accessories, such as a simple coin necklace or small gold hoops. Anything classic and understated works!
When I wear dark academia outfits, I typically choose loafers (if I’m feeling really classic) or combat boots (if I want to make the outfit a little more modern and edgy).
I also recommend investing in a few leather belts in brown and black as well as a brown leather bag.
Use these photos as your inspiration! You don’t need to have every single one of these pieces to pull together a lovely dark academia-inspired wardrobe.
- 50+ Free Dark Academia Wallpaper For iPhone Options
- 25+ Dark Academia Makeup Looks
- 40+ Dark Academia Hairstyles For All Hair Types
- How To Dress Dark Academia In The Summer
32. Sweater Vest Outfit
31. Corduroy With Sweater
30. Blazer Over Trousers
29. Collared Top With Jeans
28. Turtleneck And Trousers
27. Dress Suit Outfit
26. Long Camel Coat Over Black Skirt
25. Long Camel Coat Over Skirt Outfit
24. Tweed Winter Outfit
23. Plaid Skirt And Sweater
22. Casual Blazer Look
21. Shades Of Neutral
20. Blazer Over Black
19. School Skirt And Sweater
18. Button-Up Dress
17. Blouse And Trousers
16. Baggy And Cozy
15. Cardigan And Trousers
14. Tweed Blazer
13. Plaid And Black
12. Warm Colors With Trousers
11. Dress And Boots
10. Wool Coat And Turtleneck
9. Skirt And Sweater
8. Nude And Black
7. Collared Sweater And Trousers
6. Blouse And Trousers
5. Striped Sweater And Jeans
4. Plaid Jacket And Turtleneck
3. Sweater With High Waisted Pants
2. Dress Over Sweater
1. Layered Jacket, Sweater, and Blouse