In case you didn’t know, I love margaritas. I’m also a fan of coconut, but don’t like when a drink is too heavy on the coconut.
I wanted a margarita that would feel light and be super skinny calorie wise while being a little flavored. I’m also not a fan of drinks that are too sweet, so I typically drink skinny margaritas just for the taste. I put this skinny coconut margarita recipe together pretty haphazardly one day (using whatever ingredients I had in the house) but it’s now way up there as one of my favorite drinks any time of the year.
Other posts you might like:
This skinny coconut margarita concoction is pretty healthy (as far as alcoholic drinks go), low on calories, and tastes great! It’s so refreshing and has just a hint of real coconut without being overpowering.
This drink is also really fresh (something I’m picky about with margaritas) and can be garnished with a lime or even a slice of fresh coconut, if your grocery store sells them. I also love the Trader Joe’s frozen coconut wedges!
Skinny Coconut Margarita Recipe:
Makes 1-2 drinks depending on the size of the glass.
- 2 shots of Tequila
- 1 shot of Agave (or Triple Sec)
- Juice of 2 fresh limes (or about 1/2 shot of lime juice)
- About 1 shot of lite coconut milk
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1 can soda or tonic water
- Sea Salt
1. Place all of the ingredients in a shaker except for the coconut water and shake well with ice.
2. Pour into a salt-rimmed glass (you can put salt on the rim by rubbing lime juice on it then dipping it in a salt plate) and top with even parts coconut water and soda or tonic water. Garnish with a lime.
Most of these ingredients are available at any coconut store, and coconut water is super popular so you can get it literally everywhere.
I use the 24 Ounce Cocktail Shaker that I got on amazon. For glasses, I use this 12-piece Glass Set that’s especially great for parties because they’re so durable. If you’d like a printable of this recipe, scroll to the bottom of the page.
Skinny Coconut Margarita Recipe
- 2 shots Tequila
- 1 shot Agave or Triple Sec
- Juice of Two Limes (or 1/2 shot lime juice)
- 1 shot lite coconut milk
- 1 can soda water
- Sea salt
Place all of the ingredients in a shaker except for the coconut water and shake well with ice.
Pour into a salt-rimmed glass (you can put salt on the rim by rubbing lime juice on it then dipping it in a salt plate) and top with even parts coconut water and soda or tonic water. Garnish with a lime.