Small bathrooms are relatively tricky to decorate. You need to maximize storage, yet you still want the space to look cute and trendy.
For small spaces, I always look to inspiration photos first. I’m not talented enough to picture my design without seeing a few similar rooms to jog my brain.
Today I’m sharing my favorite 60+ photos of gorgeous small bathrooms in hopes that they will provide inspiration!
However, there are a few specific things that make a small bathroom look larger and more cohesive.
Ways To Decorate A Small Bathroom:
1. Floor Stickers: If you’re in a rental or you just don’t want to redo your floors, try out tile floor stickers. You can get really trendy, cute designs depending on the style that you’re going for.
Many of the photos below include floor stickers in them! Etsy has chic selections for low prices.
2. Wall Stickers: Similarly, you can employ wall stickers for your small bathroom if you have space that you want to cover. For example, many designers use wall stickers (usually tile stickers) to cover bead-board or old colored tiles.
3. Add Pops Of White & Black: I really love using white and black color schemes in small bathrooms. It makes the space look chic and a bit French, so the small room starts to feel cozy/planned instead of cramped. Check out many of the photos below in the white & black color scheme.
4. Hang Plants: Of course, a small bathroom wouldn’t be complete without plants. Any bathroom is so heavily weighted in the water element that adding a touch of earth instantly makes the room feel more interesting and therefore larger.
5. Use Varied Lighting: If you can’t figure out why your bathroom feels so small and you only have one overhead light, I recommend that you start by adding additional lighting. Try wall sconces, a floor lamp if you have the space, or lighting over the sink.
6. Stick With One Style: As much as we love to mix and match styles, a small bathroom isn’t the place to do that. I recommend that you browse through the photos below and figure out what style works for you (and for your room – super important that you take your space into consideration!) and then go from there.
Some of my favorite styles for bathrooms include the chic/French white and black theme, the boho style with plants, and the eclectic city loft vibe, which is a mix of both.
If you’re in an apartment or small home, work with the fixtures you already have. Is there anything in your bathroom that could be vintage or chic with the right accessories? Make sure that the style you choose fits your space as well as your vision!
Small Bathroom Ideas & Inspiration:
Here are my favorite 60+ small bathrooms for decor inspiration. Enjoy!