The changing of the leaves is a sign that summer has ended and winter is coming. The colors are beautiful, but they also signify an end to warmer weather. For photographers this means it’s time to find some new photoshoot locations.
There are many great opportunities for photo shoots in fall, even though the days may be shorter and colder than during other seasons. We’ve compiled a list of 20+ fall photoshoot locations so you can take advantage of the cooler temps while still getting those autumn shots. To check out the 50+ amazing inspiration photos, scroll down.
Fall Photoshoot Location Ideas:
1) Go apple picking! Whether you prefer red or green apples, there are plenty of places to visit – from farms with pumpkin patches nearby to farm stands on city streets – where you can pick your own fruit and then mount a shoot.
2) Take a scenic fall drive through your local countryside to find that perfect rustic barn for an adorable couple or kid’s shoot.
3) Visit the pumpkin patch! There are many pumpkin patches that offer weekend corn mazes, hayrides, and other seasonal activities.
4) Find the perfect non-traditional autumn scene. Head to the beach, a cemetery, or even your front stoop for some photos sure to stand out from the norm.
5) Go apple cider (or donut!) tasting! You can find many places offering fun fall activities around this time of year.
6) Visit your local farmer’s market for beautiful produce shots.
7) Go leaf peeping! Drive through the countryside and find that perfect fallen leaf shot.
Note: I tried my best to link the source of these photos, but some are from really obscure places/I couldn’t find the original photographer. Please contact me to add more specific credit or for immediate photo removal.
Fall Photoshoot Ideas:
Here are my favorite fall photoshoot inspiration photos for Instagram!