Looking for the top winter clothing brands to shop for this year? We’re sharing our favorite places to buy affordable winter fashion that you won’t want to miss!
With winter just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about your winter fashion wardrobe! But with so many choices out there, it can be tough to decide where to shop.
To help make your decision easier, we’ve put together a list of our absolute favorite 12+ winter fashion brands you can shop for this year. Whether you’re looking for cozy sweaters and jackets or trendy winter outfits, these brands have you covered.
So let’s hop in and find the cutest online boutiques to shop for winter clothing!
Winter Fashion Trends You’ll Love
Before we get into our favorite winter clothing stores to shop online, let’s go over this year’s winter fashion trends!
If you’re stuck in a winter fashion rut and don’t know where to start, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered with the season’s five hottest winter style trends. So break out your cozy sweaters and get ready to up your winter style game.
1. Bold Colors: Winter is typically a time when people gravitate towards darker, more muted colors like black, grey, and brown. But this year, designers are shaking things up with pops of bright colors like electric blue, canary yellow, and fire engine red. So don’t be afraid to mix things up and add a little color to your winter wardrobe.
2. Plaid: Plaid is always popular in the fall, but this year it’s bigger and better than ever and will be a huge part of the winter fashion scene. From pants and skirts to blazers and coats, plaid appears everywhere on the runways. And there’s no need to reserve it for special occasions either. Pair a plaid skirt with a chunky sweater and knee-high boots for a stylish and comfortable everyday look.
3. Velvet: Velvet was once considered formal wear, but this season it’s reinvented as a casual fabric perfect for everyday wear. Designers use velvet to create everything from bomber jackets and slides to joggers and hoodies. And the best part? It’s so warm and cozy that you’ll never want to take it off!
4. Statement Sleeves: Bell sleeves, balloon sleeves, ruffled sleeves…this season, there’s no shortage of ways to make a statement with your sleeves. This trend is ideal for those who want to add a touch of femininity or drama to their outfit without going overboard. Just be sure not to pair them with anything too bulky, so you don’t end up looking like the Michelin Man.
5. Faux Fur: Buying real fur is becoming increasingly unpopular thanks to the practice’s ethical concerns. But that doesn’t mean you have to give up your fur-lined coat! Designers are now using faux fur instead, which looks just as luxurious but without the guilt. So stay warm and stylish this winter with a fabulous faux fur coat.
Winter Fashion Brands You Don’t Want to Miss
Here are our absolute favorite winter clothing brands to shop online this year for trendy and warm winter style. Enjoy!
It’s no secret that winter can be brutally cold. And if you’re someone who loves to be outdoors regardless of the weather, you know how important it is to have high-quality winter clothing that will keep you warm and dry. That’s where Columbia comes in. Columbia is a great winter fashion option for people who need high-quality winter clothing that will last them all year long. This company specializes in winterwear that is both stylish and functional. And Columbia is really taking off right now as a trend – just check TikTok!
One of the best things about Columbia winter wear is that it is available for everyone, including children. The winter gear from Columbia is designed to be affordable and effective at protecting the wearer from the cold weather. Some of their most popular items include fleece jackets and zip-up jackets with reflective trim. If you see any Columbia clothing on thredUP, be sure to grab it, as it is sure to keep you warm and stylish all winter long!
14. North Face
As winter approaches, it’s time to start thinking about what you’ll wear to stay warm and fashionable all season long. And there’s no better place to find winter fashion staples than the North Face.
The North Face is the industry leader in high-end, highly functional outerwear. The iconic brand is renowned for its weather-proof jackets, fashionable puffer coats, waterproof boots, and trendy rainwear. These items are made to withstand all types of weather, including extreme situations.
The North Face is a fantastic secondhand bargain because of its premium fabrics and strong materials – I shop for a lot of North Face pieces on Poshmark. Take advantage of anything you see because it won’t last long! So whether you’re looking for an affordable winter coat that will keep you warm and dry or some stylish snow boots to complete your winter outfit, the North Face has everything you need to stay comfortable and stylish all season long.
13. Banana Republic
Winter is perfect for breaking out your chicest and most stylish winter clothing. Banana Republic has the ideal blend of form and function, with winter dresses that are both stylish and comfortable. You can also find winter jackets, pants, and sweaters that are perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a casual winter outfit or a chic winter ensemble, Banana Republic has the perfect clothing for you.
From cozy cashmere sweaters and wool pants to chic leather jackets and sherpa jackets, they have everything you need to stay warm and look great at the same time. I especially love Banana Republic for chic winter clothing for work.
Thrifting is having a moment, and with good reason—it’s a great way to save money and reduce your carbon footprint. But sometimes, wading through racks of clothes at your local thrift store can be overwhelming. That’s where ThredUp comes in. ThredUp is the world’s largest online thrift store, making it easy to find quality secondhand clothes.
And with winter coming up, it’s the perfect time to start looking for winter fashion deals. ThredUp has thousands of winter clothing listings from brands like J.Crew, Ann Taylor, and more. Plus, with $10 off your first order, there’s never been a better time to start shopping at ThredUp.
Winter is the time to layer up in cozy, warm clothing and head out into the cold. But it can be hard to find winter fashion that’s both stylish and practical. That’s where Gap comes in. Gap has everything you need to stay warm all winter long, from puffers and parkas to turtlenecks and pullovers.
While their winter essentials are designed with minimalist, clean, modern winter style in mind, they don’t sacrifice function for fashion. So you can feel confident and stylish all winter long without sacrificing comfort or practicality. Discover hundreds of Gap designs at unbeatable prices at thredUP for the lowest prices.
10. Old Navy
The winter months can be a challenging time to stay fashionable. The cold weather and shorter days make it hard to find the motivation to put together a stylish outfit. However, a few winter fashion staples will always be in style. Old Navy is a great place to find affordable, fashionable winter clothing for the whole family.
Their winter collection includes cozy fleece, plaids, bomber jackets, hooded parkas, and puffer jackets. They also have a great selection of winter accessories like socks, scarves, beanies, and gloves. And their plus-size assortment is fantastic! I personally love their plaid shackets – I often buy the guys’ shackets and wear them oversized. If you’re looking for winter fashion inspiration, look no further than Old Navy and Torrid.
Winter is the time to break out the cozy sweaters, cute hats, and comfy boots. But with all the choices out there, it can be hard to figure out where to start when it comes to winter fashion. That’s where Uniqlo comes in. Uniqlo is a winter clothing retailer offering a wide range of looks ideal for everyone. Men, women, and kids can all find something to love at Uniqlo. And with sizes available for taller or shorter individuals, you’re sure to find the perfect fit. Uniqlo has everything from dark academia styles to really classic, chic looks.
In addition, they also offer winter fashion accessories to complete your winter outfit. Uniqlo is a great place to shop for winter clothing because they offer a wide variety of winter styles that are both fashionable and affordable. So whether you’re looking for a warm winter coat or a stylish pair of boots, Uniqlo has you covered.
It’s not surprising that you can discover a big assortment of winter clothes on ASOS, given the wide range of brands and labels it carries. Asos is a go-to source for fashion-savvy men and women. They offer a wide range of clothing, shoes, and accessories, making it easy to find the perfect winter outfit. And with over 850 brands available on their website, you’re sure to find something that suits your winter style.
We especially adore their lovely collection of cost-effective winter coats that are both long and elegant – perfect for keeping warm during those cold winter months! Plus, with such a wide range of winter fashion items to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect winter outfit to suit your individual winter style. So whether you’re looking for a cozy winter jumper or a stylish pair of winter boots, ASOS is the perfect place to start your search.
REI is one of our favorite places to shop for winter clothing because they have everything we need to stay warm and stylish all season long. From cozy fleece jackets and down puffer coats to thick-lined parkas and winter boots, REI has everything we need to stay fashion-forward when temperatures drop. If you live in a winter area, you’ll see how trendy REI stuff is right now, especially in mountain towns!
We also love that REI is committed to sustainability, so we can feel good about our purchases knowing that they’re helping to protect the environment. Plus, with their 100% money-back guarantee on new products. So whether we’re looking for a new winter coat or just some cozy winter basics, REI is always a go-to spot.
Everlane is the perfect place to start your search if you’re looking for stylish and sustainable winter fashion. Everlane is a clothing company committed to sustainability, offering a wide range of winter clothing options for men and women. From cozy cashmere sweaters and wool coats to leather boots and beanies, Everlane has everything we need to stay warm and stylish all winter long.
With free shipping and returns on all orders, you can shop confidently, knowing that you can return or exchange something if it doesn’t work out. So if you’re looking for winter fashion that is both stylish and sustainable, Everlane is the perfect place to start your search.
J.Crew is one of our favorite places to shop for winter fashion because they always have the latest styles and trends. They are particularly known for their sophisticated, preppy aesthetic and are a pro at winter attire. From cozy cashmere sweaters and wool coats to leather boots and beanies, J.Crew has everything we need to stay warm and stylish all winter. I’m especially a fan of their long wool winter coats – they’re perfectly fitted and gorgeous!
In order to rapidly transform the drab of winter into a bright wonderland, look for vibrant pop colors. Winter doesn’t have to be boring! Instead, with some help from J.Crew, it can be a time to experiment with new fashion trends and have fun with your winter style.
Nordstrom is one of the most popular winter fashion brands around. They offer a wide variety of winter fashion items for both men and women, including coats, jackets, boots, and more. Nordstrom is a great place to shop because they offer quality items at a wide range of price points so you can find something that works with your budget.
You’re sure to find something that you love at Nordstrom! They have winter clothing for every winter style and budget so you can stay stylish and warm all winter long. Nordstrom is your one-stop shop for all things winter fashion, so be sure to check them out the next time you’re looking for some new winter clothes!
Looking for super affordable but cute winter fashion pieces? Target is a great place to shop for winter fashion. They offer a wide variety of winter fashion items for both men and women, including coats, jackets, boots, and more. Plus, Target is a great place to shop if you’re looking for affordable winter fashion options.
You’re sure to find something that you love at Target! They have winter clothing for every style and budget, so you can stay stylish and warm all winter long.
Hikers who do frequent hikes will already be Marmot enthusiasts. Everything you need for a climb up any mountain or a trip up the block to the grocery store is available from this performance apparel brand. Marmot’s fur-trimmed hooded puffer coats with power-down filling, ribbed parkas, and zip jackets with GORE-TEX technology to keep you warm and dry wherever you go are some of the most popular types to look out for in winter style.
You’ll also stay toasty in their winter clothing made with Primaloft insulation, which is water-resistant yet breathable. And their winter outfits come in trendy yet functional designs, so you’ll look good while being protected from the elements. No matter where your winter adventures take you, Marmot has the gear to keep you comfortable.
Winter is fast approaching, and the need for winter fashion comes with it. Finding the perfect winter clothing can be difficult, but fortunately, Burlington has a great selection of winter clothing at reasonable prices. Burlington has an excellent collection for toddlers, babies, adults, and even men and women.
You may be sure you’ll always be in style with trendy, high-quality items and brightly colored faux fur coats (even while shivering in the snow). We love incorporating these warm fur coats into our winter outfits!
You can’t shop online, so visit a nearby store to check what they have instead! With Burlington’s great selection of winter clothing, you’re sure to find the perfect winter outfits to keep you warm all season long.
All About Winter Fashion
Winter fashion is all about layering. Finding the perfect balance between style and comfort is the key to fabulous winter outfits. You want to look good, but you also don’t want to freeze!
The Basics of Winter Layering
As we mentioned, the key to nailing winter outfits is layering. But what does that mean, exactly?
Layering means wearing multiple pieces of clothing on top of each other. This can include shirts, jackets, sweaters, scarves, and more. You should dress in layers to easily take off or add on clothing as needed. For example, if you’re inside a warm building and start to feel overheated, you can simply take off a jacket or scarf. Or if you’re outside in the cold and start to feel chilly, you can add an extra layer to your winter style.
The best way to achieve the perfect balance of winter style and comfort is to start with a basic foundation layer. This could be a tee shirt or tank top. From there, you can add on a sweater or button-up shirt. And then, finally, top it all off with a coat or jacket. If it’s especially cold out, don’t forget a scarf! A scarf keeps you warm and can add a pop of color or pattern to your outfit.
Mixing and Matching Textures and Colors
One of the best things about layering is that it allows you to mix and match different textures and colors. For example, if you’re wearing a basic tee shirt as your foundation layer, you could add a chunky knit sweater for some texture contrast. Or, if you want to add some color to your outfit, try pairing a brightly colored shirt with a neutral sweater or coat. The possibilities are endless! Just have fun with it and see what looks best with your individual style.
Tips for Nailing Winter Fashion
Winter can be a tough time to dress stylishly. The cold weather means you must sacrifice fashion for function more often than you’d like. But it doesn’t have to be that way! You can stay warm and look good all winter long with a few simple tricks. Here are seven winter fashion tips to help you do just that.
1. Start with the right foundation. The key to any good outfit is a good foundation. That means a well-fitting pair of jeans or trousers and a comfortable yet stylish top or sweater. When choosing fabrics, opt for something that will keep you warm without being too bulky. Wool, cashmere, and nylon are all great options. And don’t forget about layering! A thin undershirt can make a big difference on a cold day.
2. Invest in a good coat. A good coat is worth its weight in gold during the winter months. When choosing a coat, look for something that hits at least mid-thigh; otherwise, you’ll risk exposing yourself to the cold air whenever you sit down or step outside. And make sure the coat is fitted, so it doesn’t add too much bulk to your frame. As for materials, wool and down are always good choices because they’re both insulating and water-resistant (important in case of snow or rain). But if you’re looking for something a little cheaper, faux fur or fleece are also good options. Just steer clear of anything made completely out of cotton; it won’t do much to keep you warm if it gets wet.
3. Accessorize. Once you have the basics, it’s time to add some personality to your outfit with accessories. A scarf, hat, and gloves are essential for keeping warm in the winter. But don’t forget about jewelry and handbags! These can add a touch of glamour to even the most casual outfit. And don’t be afraid to experiment with different textures and materials. Fur, velvet, and leather are all excellent choices for winter accessories.
4. Don’t forget about your feet. The right shoes can make or break an outfit. When choosing shoes for winter, comfort is key. You’ll want something with good traction for walking in the snow or on icy sidewalks. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style! Plenty of cute boots, flats, and loafers will keep your feet warm and dry all winter long. Make sure to avoid anything too high or narrow; otherwise, you’ll risk slipping and falling on the ice.
5. Don’t forget about Grooming! It’s not just what you wear that matters; it’s also how you wear it. Good grooming habits are essential for looking your best in any season but are especially important in winter when dry air can wreak havoc on your skin and hair. Make sure to moisturize your skin regularly, use lip balm frequently, and invest in a good conditioner for your hair. These small steps will make a big difference in how polished and put-together you look all season long!
The Best Time to Buy Winter Clothes
Winter is fast approaching, so when is the best time to buy winter clothes? Is it better to buy early or wait until the season is in full swing? Here are a few things to consider when making your decision.
One of the best times to buy winter clothes is at the end of the season when stores are trying to clear out their inventory to make room for spring and summer clothes. This is when you’ll find the deepest discounts on winter clothing, so if you can wait, it’s worth it. However, this strategy’s downside is that the selection may not be as good as it is early in the season. So if you’re looking for a specific item, you may want to buy it sooner rather than later.
Black Friday/Cyber Monday
Another great time to find deals on winter clothing is during Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Many retailers offer deep discounts on clothing during these two days, so if you’re patient and don’t mind braving the crowds (or fighting for a spot at your computer), you can save a lot of money. Just be sure to read the fine print—some retailers exclude certain items from their Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, so you’ll want to ensure the clothing you’re interested in is included.
Early in the Season
If you don’t want to take your chances with end-of-season sales or deal-hunting on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, another option is to buy early in the season. This way, you’ll have the first pick of the newest styles, and you won’t have to worry about whether or not your favorite items will still be in stock. Of course, buying early also means paying full price—so this option is best if you have your eye on something specific that you know won’t go on sale anytime soon.